Image Source-ISL

Semifinal 1 Leg 2 of Indian Super League 5, held on Mar 11 ,saw the Bengaluru FC play against North East United FC.

Bengaluru FC defeated North East United by 3-0 at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore. This win also helped them to seal a spot in the finals of ISL for the second time in a row with a 4-2 aggregate. However, this was the best season for North East United as they reached the semis for the first time in the history of ISL despite having several injuries throughout the season. Bengaluru FC had 54% possession than North East United’s 46%.

Goalless Half

North East United FC won the toss and chose their side. Despite having, an early possession the first chance went to the visitors when Gallego played Mascia through on goal and the latter fired a shot towards the goal, but the keeper saved it by making himself big in front of the post. In the next minute, Xisco tried, luck from the distance, but his shot went wide of the target. In the 23rd minute Nishu played, a lovely cross to Miku in the middle and the latter headed it towards the bottom left corner, but his header went wide of the target. A couple of minutes later Udanta played Miku inside the box who was unmarked, but his shot went over the bar. In the 33rd minute, Miku made a brilliant run towards the goal by skipping past five defenders and tried to place his shot towards the left of the keeper, but his shot went straight into the hands of the keeper. At the stroke of the half time, Leudo played a pass to Mascia and the latter fired a shot towards the target, but the keeper made a brilliant save by diving towards the right. Both the sides went to the break without breaking the deadlock.

Bengaluru booked a spot in the finals on a 4-2 aggregate

As the second half started in the 50th minute, a shot from the corner went towards the far post and Xisco won the ball from Keegan and fired it towards the goal, but Pawan made a brilliant save in the end. In the next minute, Nishu Kumar unleashed a shot towards the top corner, but the keeper made another terrific save by diving towards his right. In the 58th minute, North East suffered another blow as Gallego sustained a serious injury during the last-ditch tackle and was carried off the field in an ambulance. In the 67th minute, a short corner from the left was played to Xisco and he sent a cross towards the far post, which found Juanan, but the latter could not keep his shot on target. In the 72nd minute, Udanta sent a lovely cross inside the box to Miku and the latter calmly slotted the ball into the back of the net, which was also the 250th goal of the season. In the next minute, Miku played a lovely through ball to Udanta on the right and the latter tried to place his shot between the legs of the keeper, but the keeper made a good save in the end. In the 87th minute, Udanta chipped in the ball towards the far post, which went over the keeper’s hands and after hitting the sidebar went into the path of Dimas who had an open goal in front of him and slotted the ball comfortably into the back of the net. In the stoppage time, Miku played Sunil through on goal who was one-on-one with the keeper and the latter slotted the ball into the empty net. Finally, Bengaluru won the game by 3-0 and booked a spot in the finals.




ISL on Social Media

Here are some of the popular social media posts on the clash between Bengaluru FC and North East United FC.



Bengaluru FC tweet after the game

ISL tweet after the match

North East United FC tweet after the game

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *